This Agreement was last updated on 1 May 2018.
MIRACL TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED (“we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.miracl.com (the “Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and any laws that replace or amend the Act from time to time (including without limitation the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) (“Data Protection Law”), the data controller is MIRACL TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED of 71-75 Shelton Street, London, WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you (“your information”):
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to our service and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include (without limitation) your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information: technical information, including (without limitation) the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with carefully selected third parties (including, without limitation, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use your information in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, where we have your consent to do so;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods or services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you, unless you have told us that you do not want to receive such information. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- **Information we receive from other sources. **We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006; and
- carefully selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us, for the legitimate interest of improvement and optimisation of the Site.
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- for our legitimate interests in order to:
- enforce or apply our terms and conditions located at https://www.miracl.com/miracl-terms-and-conditions and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of our customers, or others (including without limitation exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The Personal Data we obtain from you and your Users (including, without limitation, Client Data) may be moved to and stored at a destination within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Staff members operating within the EEA who work for or on behalf of us may process this information. Such staff members may, among other things, be involved in the processing of payment details, the provision of support services and the delivery of your and your Users’ request(s) for us to provide the Service.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that Personal Data we obtain from you and your Users (including, without limitation, Client Data) may be processed by our service providers based in, countries outside of the EEA for the purposes of providing you with the Service. Such countries may not have laws offering the same level of protection for Personal Data as those inside the EEA; however where such transfers of data occur, we will take steps to prevent the transfer of Personal Data without adequate safeguards being put in place and will ensure that your and your Users’ Personal Data collected in the EEA and transferred internationally is afforded the same level of protection as it would be inside the EEA. For further information on, or a copy of, the adequate safeguards adopted by us for the international transfer of Personal Data, please email email@example.com
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You can access and rectify certain parts of your personal information by logging into your account.
Under Data Protection law, you have the right to:
- see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of the Site or through any communications that you have had with us;
- access your information;
- rectify your information (including without limitation the erasure of certain of your information);
- obtain and reuse your information for your own purposes across different services; and
- ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes and you can tick the appropriate box on the forms when we collect your information or later at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access and rectify your information in accordance with this policy, please send us a written request to email@example.com.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.